Eugene Maker Space Forums
Various Discussions...

Home » Public Forums » Discuss » Looking to buy a 3D printer and bringing some equipment
Looking to buy a 3D printer and bringing some equipment [message #14690] Wed, 20 December 2017 17:47 Go to next message
Ron Kieser is currently offline  Ron Kieser
Hi!

Ron here, I wanted to let you all know that I will be bringing in an air
compressor that will be a little more portable than the really big one we
have, plus some HVLP equipment if people want to not use spray cans for
anything (as long as you keep them clean and such).

I am also looking to buy a 3D printer from home since it will be used
almost 24/7, hoping one of you may have one that you might be willing to do
payments on, that can print at least 8x8x8 inch with at least 100 microns.
I would use the makerspace one, but I need it for a lot more printing than
I am sure anyone wants me to, plus I want to leave them open for others.
Recently lost a bunch of my supplies and prop making stuff so I am hoping
to find one I can use to help start my stuff back up again.

Thanks!
Re: Looking to buy a 3D printer and bringing some equipment [message #14691 is a reply to message #14690] Wed, 20 December 2017 18:09 Go to previous message
Kassandra Kaplan is currently offline  Kassandra Kaplan
Regarding the 3d printers, finally we are getting to a time where certain printers are really distinguishing themselves over what you can reasonably tweak yourself. So here are a few that seem to be pretty popular and are well reviewed. The Creality CR10 series is really some of the best prop printers and best low cost (~$500)printers you could go with. I own an original cr-10 and it has been hands down the most amazing printer I have owned, with almost no fuss. The Tevo tornado is a clone that is about the same quality as an alternative, but not quite as good really. For a little more (&800) there is the prusa MK3 which is a feature rich well supported machine. It is designed to get a multicolor addon. It’s small in its build area compared to the cr10 (12x12x16 vs 8x8x8) but the features might be worth it. The wanhao 7 is a go into SLA printer for $600 and worth it if you really need the details, don’t need big prints, and can work cleanly with somewhat hazardous chemicals. The m ...

Previous Topic: Call for agenda items - 12/6/2017 BoD meeting
Next Topic: Big changes at the shop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 24 15:13:54 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04391 seconds