Eugene Maker Space Forums
Various Discussions...

Home » Public Forums » Discuss » Spring Cleaning
Spring Cleaning [message #14764] Fri, 18 May 2018 19:40 Go to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
Hey everyone,

We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop, and with an
influx of new members recently, it's become clear that we need to make some
more room for member storage.

In taking some of the junk off the shelves in preparation for the coming
tech yardsale next month, I've run across a few items that don't seem to be
tagged. Are they EMS property that's been put in the wrong place? Or
something that belongs TO someone that just forgot to label it? I've
included some pictures below.



Also, please take a moment to look at the big picture of the member storage
area. Things are looking a little messy, so maybe we could all come in and
help sort out what's just junk, versus what's our own precious stuff. Also,
I know a couple of people are storing way more than the standard
12"12"x18"-per-person... so maybe come take a look and see if there's
something you could take home? I dunno, just thinking.

We could also use some more Banker's Boxes (file boxes, pretty cheap at
St
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14765 is a reply to message #14764] Sat, 19 May 2018 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
Ooh speaking of "Who does this belong to?" items...



Where did this machine come from? Is it a donation?


On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Karen Englebeck
wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop, and with an
> influx of new members recently, it's become clear that we need to make some
> more room for member storage.
>
> In taking some of the junk off the shelves in preparation for the coming
> tech yardsale next month, I've run across a few items that don't seem to be
> tagged. Are they EMS property that's been put in the wrong place? Or
> something that belongs TO someone that just forgot to label it? I've
> included some pictures below.
>
>
>
> Also, please take a moment to look at the big picture of the member
> storage area. Things are looking a little messy, so maybe we could all come
> in and help sort out what's just junk, versus what's our own precious
> stuff. Also,
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14766 is a reply to message #14765] Sat, 19 May 2018 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dperko is currently offline  dperko
Messages: 229
Registered: September 2012
Senior Member
Not me, but I do belong to the homemade wooden routing table and
router.  Should I come remove mine?

On 5/19/2018 5:00 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
> Ooh speaking of "Who does this belong to?" items...
>
>
>
> Where did this machine come from? Is it a donation?
>
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Karen Englebeck
> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop, and
> with an influx of new members recently, it's become clear that we
> need to make some more room for member storage.
>
> In taking some of the junk off the shelves in preparation for the
> coming tech yardsale next month, I've run across a few items that
> don't seem to be tagged. Are they EMS property that's been put in
> the wrong place? Or something that belongs TO someone that just
> forgot to label it? I've included some pictures below.
>
>
>
> A
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14767 is a reply to message #14764] Sat, 19 May 2018 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taper Wickel is currently offline  Taper Wickel
Messages: 123
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
The HP RF generator is shop property that should probably be by the
electronics bench. The big black PA amplifier and the oscilloscope migrated
down from pick-a-part at some point.

I know my box runneth over; I'll try to be in and clean that up soon.

Taper.

On Fri, May 18, 2018, 22:21 Karen Englebeck
wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop, and with an
> influx of new members recently, it's become clear that we need to make some
> more room for member storage.
>
> In taking some of the junk off the shelves in preparation for the coming
> tech yardsale next month, I've run across a few items that don't seem to be
> tagged. Are they EMS property that's been put in the wrong place? Or
> something that belongs TO someone that just forgot to label it? I've
> included some pictures below.
>
>
>
> Also, please take a moment to look at the big picture of the member
> storage area. Things are looking a
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14768 is a reply to message #14766] Sat, 19 May 2018 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
Darrell,

I've located **A** homemade wooden base, but the router has been removed
from it. Did yours also include a particle board cabinet at some point?
(like a TV stand?) it seems that that has been removed and is nowhere to be
seen. I know of one loose router machine. As I was not involved in the
disassembly, I can't say if it's the same one or not. (the router from
yours *might *be on the other small table)

At this point we are up to 3 router tables (not counting yours) and down to
1 handheld router (possibly yours). Having 'who owns this' labels on things
that were loaned to the shop (as opposed to outright gifted) is an absolute
must at this point.

I need to get some more labels printed up. Something for me to do today!

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Darrell Perko wrote:

>
> Not me, but I do belong to the homemade wooden routing table and router.
> Should I come remove mine?
>
>
> On 5/19/2018 5:00 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
>
> Ooh speaking of "Who does this
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14769 is a reply to message #14764] Sun, 20 May 2018 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
Yeah, the black routing table is sitting on the workbench.
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14770 is a reply to message #14768] Sun, 20 May 2018 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
normgr00 is currently offline  normgr00
Messages: 158
Registered: December 2012
Location: United States
Senior Member
I had a short routing table I left at the shop a couple years back. It was only a foot or so tall, black particle board top and black metal legs. It had a grey router mounted in the bottom. Maybe it isn't around anymore. 
Now I live in Portland. It can be donated to anyone, or I can pick it up, or Darrell Perko can hang on to it for me till I get down and pick it up. 
Greg Norman
  On Saturday, May 19, 2018, 10:39:20 PM PDT, Karen Englebeck wrote:

Darrell,
I've located *A* homemade wooden base, but the router has been removed from it. Did yours also include a particle board cabinet at some point? (like a TV stand?) it seems that that has been removed and is nowhere to be seen. I know of one loose router machine. As I was not involved in the disassembly, I can't say if it's the same one or not. (the router from yours might be on the other small table)

At this point we are up to 3 router tables (not counting yours) and down to 1 handheld router (possibly yours). Having 'who owns this' labels on thi
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14771 is a reply to message #14766] Sun, 20 May 2018 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clif is currently offline  Clif
Messages: 907
Registered: March 2012
Senior Member
I facilitated the one below getting donated with the understanding that
it finds a good home. If it's too big for the space, then I will be
happy to find another place for it.

    Clif

On 05/19/2018 01:05 PM, Darrell Perko wrote:
>
> Not me, but I do belong to the homemade wooden routing table and
> router.  Should I come remove mine?
>
> On 5/19/2018 5:00 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
>> Ooh speaking of "Who does this belong to?" items...
>>
>>
>>
>> Where did this machine come from? Is it a donation?
>>
>>
>> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Karen Englebeck
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop,
>> and with an influx of new members recently, it's become clear
>> that we need to make some more room for member storage.
>>
>> In taking some of the junk off the shelves in prepa
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14772 is a reply to message #14771] Sun, 20 May 2018 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
So it's EMS property then? We'll label it as such at the next opportunity.

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Mr. Clif wrote:

> I facilitated the one below getting donated with the understanding that it
> finds a good home. If it's too big for the space, then I will be happy to
> find another place for it.
>
> Clif
>
>
> On 05/19/2018 01:05 PM, Darrell Perko wrote:
>
>
> Not me, but I do belong to the homemade wooden routing table and router.
> Should I come remove mine?
>
> On 5/19/2018 5:00 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
>
> Ooh speaking of "Who does this belong to?" items...
>
>
>
> Where did this machine come from? Is it a donation?
>
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Karen Englebeck EMAIL HIDDEN> wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> We've been taking a good long look at space usage at the shop, and with
>> an influx of new members recently, it's become clear that we ne
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14773 is a reply to message #14772] Sun, 20 May 2018 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clif is currently offline  Clif
Messages: 907
Registered: March 2012
Senior Member
It's in the category "with strings attached" which there are a lot of. I
was just contacted by one donor who was worried about what of his might
get tossed. What color are these tags?

    Clif

On 05/20/2018 10:15 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
> So it's EMS property then? We'll label it as such at the next opportunity.
>
> On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Mr. Clif > wrote:
>
> I facilitated the one below getting donated with the understanding
> that it finds a good home. If it's too big for the space, then I
> will be happy to find another place for it.
>
>     Clif
>
>
> On 05/19/2018 01:05 PM, Darrell Perko wrote:
>>
>> Not me, but I do belong to the homemade wooden routing table and
>> router.  Should I come remove mine?
>>
>> On 5/19/2018 5:00 AM, Karen Englebeck wrote:
>>> Ooh speaking of "Who does this belong to?" items...
>>>
>>
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14774 is a reply to message #14773] Sun, 20 May 2018 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
So it isn't a donation then? If it's on loan, then it should get a green
tag with the owner's name and contact info.

---

We're simplifying the whole color code system, and making some clearer
guidelines going forward... and perhaps now as good a time as any to
explain it.

https://i.imgur.com/Jp69swm.png

If a tool owner wants to loan a tool to EMS but they want it back later,
they can. There's a tag for that. it's *green*.
If a tool owner wants to loan a tool to EMS but they want it back later ,
but they also want people to check with them first before using it, there's
a tag for that, it's *yellow*.

Tool Donation:

If someone wants to *donate *a tool to EMS, we'll gladly accept the gift of
a tool. We like owning our own tools, and having more and varied tools is
always a good thing.

If someone wants to donate a tool to EMS, but wants it to put some kind of
precondition on the tool like 'we can only have it if we put it out on the
floor in a certain manner' (examples, a vise we can only have if we put it
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14775 is a reply to message #14774] Mon, 21 May 2018 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beata is currently offline  Beata
Messages: 75
Registered: August 2013
Location: Springfield
Member

I may have missed it. Is there a system being developed to specify where
the operation manual or Tips-n-Tricks list is located? I think a shortened
link (and perhaps a QR code) or at least a reminder to READ the manual,
placed with the tag, would be very helpful.


On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM, Karen Englebeck wrote:[/color]

> So it isn't a donation then? If it's on loan, then it should get a green
> tag with the owner's name and contact info.
>
> ---
>
> We're simplifying the whole color code system, and making some clearer
> guidelines going forward... and perhaps now as good a time as any to
> explain it.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/Jp69swm.png
>
> If a tool owner wants to loan a tool to EMS but they want it back later,
> they can. There's a tag for that. it's *green*.
> If a tool owner wants to loan a tool to EMS but they want it back later ,
> but they also want people to check with them first before using it, there's
> a tag for that, it
...

Re: Spring Cleaning [message #14776 is a reply to message #14775] Mon, 21 May 2018 12:10 Go to previous message
Karen Englebeck is currently offline  Karen Englebeck
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2017
Member
Beata,

There's been a few murmurs of "that'd be a good idea" but I think that's as
far as it's gotten. I know that the noises of an on-site network attached
storage file server have been louder now that we have the physical hardware
to consider that. I was just talking to Kevin the other day about the idea
of creating an 'eBook library' on that server as well..perhaps we can loop
this idea into it as well with locally hosted 'pages' of data on each
machine (manuals, tips and tricks, collections of good youtube videos,
etc?).

It's a bit outside the scope of the current push to simply 'get people to
put their name on their things' but it's certainly something that I know
has generally been talked about as well. I don't know much about the tech
as far as building a NAS and the whole 'local network' document sharing and
such.. but it's certainly something worth drawing up some ideas, if you're
motivated to start the wheels turning on some of that.

I do know however that we really need to get some net
...

Previous Topic: Cosplay/Costuming Bundle on Humble Bundle
Next Topic: EMS Network down
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 15 00:54:41 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19574 seconds