|Want to learn how to use the big CNC table at the shop? Come on down Tuesday night! [message #14833]
||Tue, 11 September 2018 00:58
Registered: September 2017
I'll be heading out to the makerspace on Tuesday afternoon (9/11). I'll be|
there through our Open Hack hours as well.
I'll be attempting to set up a CNC project using the big CNC router table.
I have some last minute design work to fine-tune before I get started, but
I'm hoping to get there early enough so I can get to actually cutting
I want to make it abundantly clear, I'm not an expert at using the machine,
but I have successfully used it in the past and I'll be available to share
what I've learned. Basic topics that I'll be covering will include:
- Powering up the 110v parts of the machine.
- Getting power to the 220v elements.
- Introduction to Easel by Inventables
- Sending a job from Easel to the machine as G-code.
- Securing work material to the machine and changing end mills
- Homing the machine using the G-code player application.
- Basic safety precautions and equipment
- Dust and chip collection
- Running a job.
I will likely be running several jobs durin